When your car breaks down, you need an auto mechanic. When your roof starts leaking, you need a roofing contractor. When you’re locked out of your house, you need a locksmith. All of these situations have distinct professionals to assist when they arise and we automatically know exactly who to call when we’re faced with these issues. But this begs the question: when do you call for land surveying services in Floresville, TX? Take a look at five situations that absolutely warrant a surveying professional’s expertise:
- When you need to know where property lines or boundary lines are. If you’re in the middle of a dispute with your neighbor about where your property ends and theirs begins or you’re having trouble pinpointing exactly what belongs to you land-wise, a property surveyor is going to be your number one source for a solution. Not only will you get a resolution that’s precise, you’ll also learn more about the land you own, including where it starts and stops and what features on it are considered to be within your jurisdiction.
- When you’re buying or refinancing a home. Property value is a major figure that needs to be determined at several instances throughout your time as a homeowner. When you’re buying a new house, knowing the property value as determined by a land surveyor will give you an idea of its worth versus what you’re paying for it. Likewise, if you’re refinancing your home, you’re going to want to see how much the value of your land has changed since you purchased it.
- Topographical surveying for engineering or development. If you’re looking to develop land for residential or commercial use, you’re going to need a topographical survey to help determine what needs to be done to the land before it’s eligible for development. Land surveying services in Floresville, TX can also help to discern what geographical features are a part of the land in question, so that proper site planning can begin.
- Flood surveying to determine elevation for flood insurance. If you’re living in a flood zone, you might be eligible for flood insurance. The problem is, you can only obtain flood insurance if you have an elevation certificate that states you’re within the flood zone. It’s a complicated process, but one that a surveyor can help you with. They’ll take recorded measurements of your location within the flood zone and help determine if you’re eligible for an elevation certificate.
- Making a large land purchase. Larger land purchases that haven’t been subdivided yet absolutely require a land surveyor’s eyes, to make sure that the right boundaries are mapped. Not having the boundaries mapped correctly can lead to boundary disputes later and the potential for a loss of investment if they’re marked shorter than what was originally paid for.
Land surveying services in Floresville, TX are useful in a number of situations that require precise data about land or boundaries. Above are just five common examples of when a land surveyor might be called into action.